- Students will design graphs to communicate stories.
- Students will create stories from visualizations and explain the stories to others.
- Students will communicate the best data science practices in binning and sampling.
- Week 1: Data Science Video 00:08:00
- Data Scientist Unlimited
- Science of Counting Fish Unlimited
- Deep Sea Diver Unlimited
- Clustering Unlimited
- Week 2: Data Science Video 00:10:00
- Rollercoaster Story Unlimited
- Data Stories Unlimited
- New York Times Project Unlimited
- Week 3: Data Science Video 00:10:00
- Probability Unlimited
- Choices for My Dinner Unlimited
Lauren Mauel is entering her 9th year in education as a consultant and college Lecturer. She has a Bachelor’s in Mathematics from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and her 5-12 Math teaching license. Lauren also completed a Master’s in Data Science from Villanova University to begin learning ways to apply math in business scenarios. She will complete her doctorate and K-12 Principal licensure from Bethel University in December 2022. Lauren started ELL Advocates to dismantle the barriers within K-12 education for English Language Learners. Throughout her time in the classroom, Lauren noticed the inequities within educational systems. Her life goal is to change outcomes for ELL students and their families through positive mentorship and advocacy.