Students will create their own stories through writing prompts. As students design personal memoirs, the writing will be compiled into a book for the students. In conjunction with Two Shrews Publishing, students will get the full authorship experience.
March 17, 2023
Total Video Time
- Students will produce writing pieces and spoken word pieces to celebrate their culture.
- Students will demonstrate creativity in writing and expression.
- Students will design a book to publish in the library.
- Week 1 Video Unlimited
- Week 1 Writing Prompt Unlimited
- I Wonder Spoken Word Unlimited
- Week 2 Video Unlimited
- Week 2 Writing Prompt Unlimited
- Person Spoken Word Unlimited
- Week 3 Video Unlimited
- Week 3 Writing Prompt Unlimited
- My Future Spoken Word Unlimited
- Week 5 Video Unlimited
- Week 5 Writing Prompt Unlimited
- Myself Spoken Word Unlimited
- Week 7 Video Unlimited
- Week 7 Writing Prompt Unlimited
- My Happy Place Spoken Word Unlimited
Lauren Mauel is entering her 9th year in education as a consultant and college Lecturer. She has a Bachelor’s in Mathematics from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and her 5-12 Math teaching license. Lauren also completed a Master’s in Data Science from Villanova University to begin learning ways to apply math in business scenarios. She will complete her doctorate and K-12 Principal licensure from Bethel University in December 2022. Lauren started ELL Advocates to dismantle the barriers within K-12 education for English Language Learners. Throughout her time in the classroom, Lauren noticed the inequities within educational systems. Her life goal is to change outcomes for ELL students and their families through positive mentorship and advocacy.